Saturday, June 25, 2011

Such an impact.

Katrina 2005

Georgia

Day 5. One of the most impactful moments in your life.

Well, this was one of my favorite photo-challenge-days thus far. The above pictures were taken in April of 2006. As we all remember, Hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast in late 2005, and these picture were taken when my team (in the pic) went down to help rebuild houses in Louisiana. It was an amazing trip for SOOO many reasons. First off, it was my first trip away from my parents. It was me, a few of my friends, and a couple of adults going on this trip. I was under the care of people that I didn't really know, but also people I grew to love by the end of the trip. We went to a carnival, and got mildly harassed by carnies. (Remember that Heather?! lol) We had a pet bunny for two days. We learned to cut and lay tile. We learned the correct way to paint walls and clean things. It was a really good week :) Lol. The other picture was taken at a ranch. Two of the people that cam with us had family down there, and we stayed with them for a night :) We got to ride quads, which was a first for me! :) But really... look at that picture... isn't it gorgeous there? I'd go back in a heartbeat. :)The only drawback to the ranch? Fire Ants. Lol. Solution?? Toothpaste! Carry it in your pocket!

This was my first mission trip, and it was my first trip without a parent, and it was my first dose of seeing someone less fortunate than I was. It was a trip that really grew me up as a follower of Jesus and as a person. :)

It was one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment