Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Is what I do important?

My birthday is six days away, and I will be turning twenty five. 

I've been struggling with this birthday more than any other. I think I'm may be having a quarter-century-crisis. 

I love my job. 
I love my friends. 
I love my family. 
I love my church. 
I love my life. 

But do you ever feel like you aren't doing anything major with your life? That's all I've been thinking about for the past two days. I mean, literally, it's the constant thought replaying in my head. 

I work at a preschool helping parents, teachers and children get through the daily grind. I have conversations, tell stories, heal boo boos, sing songs, build websites, take photos, and among a million other things, teach kids that Jesus loves them. 

I have moments when I doubt that what I'm doing is important, but those are the moments where I hold on to the simple truth that God has me where He wants me to be for now. 

What I do, day in and day out, is important whether the outside world believes it or not. It takes all of my strength some days to remember that. 

Quarter-crisis or not, I am excited for this birthday adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment