Sunday, April 6, 2014

Nutshell (edited)

Today was a very long day. 

Parts of it were good. Parts of it weren't. 

I got to sing at church this weekend, and it went better than I'd hoped. I was very pleased, and more importantly, it brought the glory to the One who deserves it. 

Then I went over to the preschool and set up for this week's many adventures. It's going to be a long one, busy with lots of activities but totally worth the struggle. 

Then I had a collegiate leader meetingwhereafter  I got a phone call that tookmy afternoon into an unhappy place.

Sometimes it takes the actions or the words of one or two people to confirm what you've really known all along. 

I'm home now, resting and gearing up for the busyness that will ensue when my alarm clock rings tomorrow morning. 

Side story: when I was in Georgia last week, I met a lot of people, and became better friends with those I'd already met. Tonight,  and the end of a long and tiring day, a smile was brought to my face through a phone call. There's nothing that will snap me out of a bad mood faster than a thick southern accent. 

Goodnight 


No comments:

Post a Comment