Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 3 Continued.

Hello all.

Updates.

My papa is still in the ICU at Summerlin Hospital. They can't get his heart rate to be stable enough for transport to the rehab hospital. He was pretty depressed today when I left the hospital. It made me sad. I'm not much of a crier, but I couldn't help it.

I didn't exercise a whole lot today. My legs were SUPER sore from yesterday :( Shows how out of shape I really am. Lol. I'm working on it though. Matthew and I DID spend about an hour walking around Walmart grocery shopping, and another 20 minutes or so just standing in line (it was SO busy)... So maybe that counts for something? Lol.

All I've had to eat today was a oatmeal raisin granola bar. I just don't have a whole lot an appetite. Salad for dinner?

Did I mention that I love my boyfriend? His name is Matthew, for those of you that haven't met him, and he's amazing. He loves me unconditionally. He's more than I could have ever hoped for or imagined. :) He's standing right behind me :) Lol.

There's not a whole lot else to report for today. Thank you all again for the continued encouragement. I love you.

I need recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney, I have recipes for you:-) Egg whites are an amazing way to get protein, which is what you desperately need when on a diet. You can use egg whites several times a day, I eat them for breakfasts and lunches.. I dress my egg whites up with things like onions, tomatoes, scallions, ketchup. If you're anything like me and love carbs. then you should buy instant oatmeal in assorted flavors or plain which you can eat in the morning or 30 minutes before the gym. I also use my plain quaker oats to mix in with my yogurt in the morning(I add a little honey to make it sweet). You should go to a GMC or other vitamin store and buy protein bars, because that is a meal replacement..(would help you keep your metabolism up since you don't have an appetite these days)..comes in assorted flavors chocolate, strawberry, oatmeal raisin, ect. I buy the 10-20 individually wrapped frozen tilapia bag at wal mart and fry it in a pan for lunch or dinner most of the time(you can pair that w/ veggies which you can also cook whichever way you'd like). The thing about fish is that it doesn't stay in your body as long as other meats do, so you won't bulk up. I drink tons of water and cranberry juice to cleanse my body a few days a wk. I have some more, but this is getting lengthy..so next post!! Hope this helps:-) Kaylyn

    ReplyDelete