Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So I watched a movie today...

called Julie & Julia. It's about a woman (played by one of my favorite actresses, Amy Adams) who writes a blog about her life, and more specifically about cooking through the Julia Child cook book. Well, I've decided to do something similar.

I was having a chat with Matthew today, and somehow we got onto the topic of looks. He says that every time he gives me a compliment, I put myself down, and I didn't really realize until today that is, in fact, true. I've been thinking this over all morning, and discussing it further with him (since he is my man-friend)  and I've decided to start a journey.

Let's start at the beginning.

When I was a little kid, my family was that 1950's family you see on TV, where, more often than not, we ate dinner together at the table. I realize now that I took that for granted. In 2000, my parents sat my brother and I down at that very same table, and told us that they were getting a divorce. That was the beginning of it all, in my opinion. My parents got divorced, which is, of course, the short and sweet version. Lol. My mom and I moved out of my childhood home and into an apartment near my middle school, and began our "single girl life" together. We ate junkie things. Pasta ALL the time. Lol. It seems crazy now, looking back, but neither of us was in our right mind then. Then we moved into the house we're in now. My mom got married, and I went to live with my dad. I probably should've mentioned earlier that I am a daddy's girl in the worst sense of the world. He was my life, my support, and my enabler for years. We ate junk food, stayed up late, and unfortunately this was during my high school years when I REALLY needed good nutrition and good "life habits", as I call them.

Now, let me pause here. I am NOT NOT NOT NOT blaming my parents for my crappy eating habits. Definitely not. I'm just letting you, the reader, know my story. :)

So, I moved back in with my mom last October (2009). She'd been doing the Nutrisystem Program for about 4 months, and was losing weight faster than you'd believe. She looked amazing. Did that spark some interest to get healthier? Heck no! Lol. I hung out with the same people, ate the same fast food/restaurant food as I did before.

Then I met Matthew William Headley. He is, and always will be, the love of my life. He challenges me in ways that are great.... and sometimes frustrating. Lol. He makes me smile even when I'm crying my eyes out. He's been with me through the hard things, and there through the smiles and laughter.

So, we're back to this morning. Matthew and I were talking, and we've decided to change our ways. (Though I personally think he looks amazing. Lol.) It's simple right? Eat less, move more. It's good in theory. Matt says I have more willpower than I give myself credit for. We shall see :) I'm excited to start this journey.

Feel free to help keep me accountable. I appreciate and love everyone in my life. :) Thank you for reading. Check back tomorrow for a new post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment