Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Well, hello there again folks.

So yesterday, I attended my very first Headley Thanksgiving. Let me paint you a picture... 30 people or so, about 10 of which are kids... LOTS of food... Football games... It was amazing. There was SOOO many people though. Lol. And there was one particular child who is quite... loud for lack of a better word, and he was especially loud yesterday. Let me just tell you, I had a headache the size of Montana. Lol. But eventually he wwent home, and everything was fine.

 Unfortunately, I didn't get any sort of nap in, in the afternoon, so black friday was difficult. Yesterday was my first real black friday experience, and it was insane. We started off at Walmart, and it was a mad house!! There were thousands of people in that store, and people were fighting, and running around for toys and movies and things. It was nuts. I can say, though, that I had quite a good time. It was almost... exillerating. Lol. THEN we got into line to check out... we were 4th... and it took 45 minutes!! The first check out that we were at, the debit card machine wasn't letting you swipe... ok, we moved back a check-stand. THEN there was this couple... Their card was declined, and no joke, that's what took 25 of the minutes!! Lol. It was the longest process ever! They ended up having to have one of their moms come and pay for their ENORMOUS purchase... and it was crazy. Then, once we finally checked out, we went to sit in line at Kohl's. This was THE WORST part of the night. Unfortunately, Kohl's didn't open until 3, and it was only about 1 oclock, so we sat in line for 2 hours in below 30 degree weather!!! I was soooo cold, my bones were aching. I ended up having to wuss out, and go sit in the car for a while. I ended up making into Kohl's alive, and I got the CUTEST "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments for Greenlee and Lucas! It was a fun shopping find! I also got Christmas cards, and I'm excited to start filling them out right after I finish this blog :) :) :) :) :) Then we went to Target. We didn't have to wait very long, maybe 10 minutes. (Though, don't get me wrong, it was still freezing. My body had not quite recovered from the Kohl's coldness.) We went in, go what we need, and got out in under an hour. It was lovely. We made a few stop on the way home, and I was in bed before the sun came up.

All in all, a good first black friday.

I need addresses for christmas cards!! Text me, or message me on facebook if you'd like one :)

(Personally, I LOVE getting "snail mail") Lol.

Until next ime.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment