Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well, my first Christmas without my dad is officially over. It's Christmas day at... 9 (ish) pm, and my first dad-absent holiday is over. I made it through pretty well I think. Yesterday Matthew and I joined my mom and her family at Canyon Ridge for their Christmas service, and then went to my grandparents for dinner. Then I spent the night at the Headley's house, so I'd be there bright and early for Christmas morning. We woke up, at monkey bread (Yum!), and opened presents. Matthew and I got each other wonderful presents, and all was well. Then I watched some of Big Bang Theory (Season 3), and awaited the family gathering at 3:30. Apparently it was a small gathering this year (though it seemed like a lot of people to me), but it was full of wonderful people :) The little kids opened their presents (which was hilarious), and then the adults (including me!) play a white elephant-type gift exchange game, in which I won 2 collage picture frames (black) with the "Live, Laugh, Love" saying, and the "Faith Hope and Love" saying. I love them :)

Matthew (along with the rest of the Headleys) made this one of the best Christmases by far.

I had one minor meltdown (right before I left their house tonight, actually), about my dad. I usually go over to his house (and the out to Aunt Debbie's) for Christmas day, but this year was different. I'm not on that adapts to change well, so it was a real shock waking up in a house that wasn't mine, and not being with at least SOMEONE from my family on Christmas. Then Matthew reminded me, that I WAS with family. He and the Headley's ARE my family, because of the love that Matthew and I share. It was a nice reminder :) I do miss my daddy this Christmas, and I'm not 100 percent sure of what I'm going to do with his Christmas presents... but I know that he's happy, and pain-free up in Heaven, awaiting the day that I go to join him.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment