Monday, May 9, 2011

Re-dedication

Here it is ladies and gentlemen. My re-dedication.

My life lately has been crazy, and there are LOTS of things going on, and I'm here to report on them.

First off. This re-dedication.
I've been feeling lately a lack of luster in my life. Things are fine, but that's all they've been. "Fine". But I'm not at the point in my life where settling for "fine" is okay. I want bigger and brighter things in my life. I want a relationship with Jesus that makes others ask questions. I want fellowship with my friends that God would be proud of. I want to better myself as a person, both emotionally and physically.

Most of you know by now that I am single again. Matthew and I decided to break up last week, and honestly, I think it's the best thing we could've done. Don't get me wrong. I still love him. There's no way to get over that overnight. BUT I'm getting there. We decided early on that we would remain friends. We are going to work overtime to make sure there's no awkwardness and no bitterness from either side, and I'm honestly, really excited to see what God has in store for us, both together as friends and as individual people.

So, let me put this official statement out there. Yes, we are broken up. No, I don't hate him. Yes, we are still friendly. No, neither one of us is leaving the college group. Yes, you can ask one of us if you want further details. But no, we'd rather not be gossiped about.

Now for the re-dedication. I want to revamp my life into something better. I want a life Jesus would be proud of. I want to have daily quiet times. And yes, I know this sounds simple, but honestly, I make excuses not to do it just like everyone else. I want to get more involved at church. I talked to Damian about one way I could do that, and I'm waiting for advice about that. I also want to have more meaningful fellowship time with my peeps.

I'm really good at being social. :) I love to organize events. I love to chat with everyone, catch up on their week, ask how their families are and that's about it. I don't get deeply involved except for a select few, and I feel like it's time to change that. So, be ready loved ones. I'm going to be asking you the tough questions. Have you had 7 quiet times this week? Do you talk to God on regular basis? Or do you only ask him for favors when you need something? Think it over :)

Re-dedication Part 2. I'm large. I know this sounds weird, but I need to be blunt with myself, or it'll never change. Yes, I know that God loves me JUST the way I am. But I also feel like the bible tells us to tak care of our bodies because God did GIVE them to us while we're on this earth, and honestly, I'm not doing too great of a job taking care of mine. Ya know? So this is the re-dedication part. I'm not going to say I'm going to work out every single day or that I'm never going to drink another soda or eat another french fry. I know myself better than that. BUT what I will say is that I'm going to try a heck of a lot harder than I've been trying.

And I am asking for your help dear friends. I would like to ask you, yes all seven hundred (+) of you, to help me. I would like you to keep me accountable. Ask me how I'm doing, and don't just settle for "okay". Ask what I've been eating, and encourage me to keep on the healthier stuff.

So, will you help me?

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment