Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Noah, Kyle and Austin

So I was at work today, and I had a VERY interesting conversation with three of the boys in my class today. We were walking back from the gymnasium, and Noah was talking about how he wanted to live to be 100. Then I told them that in the bible, people lived to be MORE than 100, and that put them in a state of shock. Lol. But then Austin... my little thinker gets this look on his face... like he's thinking about something REALLY important. Then he asks me...

"When was God born?"

This was a ROUGH question for me to answer. I told Austin (and the two other boys) that God has always been around. He wasn't ever born... he's just always been there.

Now let me interject here that these boys are all about 8 years old, so I knew going into this that they probably wouldn't understand, BUT I tried my best to explain that God existed... He just lived, and THEN he decided to create the universe, and the world we live in now. Now, that's pretty deep for 8 year olds, but I tried my best. Lol.

It was an AMAZING opportunity to plant a seed in these 3 boys, and it was a very exciting conversation :) I'm so proud of my little Austin for asking such a good question which sparked a cool conversation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment