Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jamaica? Ghana?

I've been thinking a lot about mission trips lately.

I have a friend who has told me to think outside the box, and to live life outside of my comfort zone. I've done a bunch of mission trips in my life, mostly to Mexico. But my favorite one was after hurricane Katrina when we went with a team of 14 down to Mississippi and rebuilt a house for an awesome woman and her daughter. I loved the sense of purpose it gave me. I loved bonding with my fellow team members. But most of all, I loved seeing the little girl's smile at the end of the trip when she saw her new hot pink bedroom. I loved knowing that because God told me to, I did a good thing, and it was appreciated.

So, here I am, thinking about another mission trip. I haven't done one since I made the switch to Shadow Hills, and that's something that has been missing from my life. All of those weeks in Mexico and everywhere else made me smile, and made me feel SO good :)

So I got online tonight and googled. I looked over the IMB website, and requested information on a trip (3 months) to Ghana. And I got on the MissionDiscovery website and requested information on a trip to Jamaica.

So, I'm praying about it. Researching it.

Do I feel called to be a career missionary? No.

But do I feel like there's a pressing need to go out into the world? Yes.

Do I have any excuses not to go? Nope.

So, that's where I am right now. That's where my mind's at.

Nothing is set in stone, but things are started.

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! Getting things started is definitely the first step and it sounds like your off to a great one. ♥

    ReplyDelete