Friday, November 11, 2011

Serenity.

I have people in my life who have been affected by alcoholism, and are currently in AA, and they have that mantra...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

I've been thinking about this saying a lot lately. It's actually on a little note card taped to my bathroom mirror.

I have this idea of how life should be. I have this idea of how I thought my life would turn out, who would be in it, what I would do for the rest of my life. I had all these plans. Then life actually happens, and some of the things that were planned (well, actually a lot of what was planned) haven't turned out the way I wanted, or haven't worked out at all. It's interesting and depressing to think about sometimes, but then I reread this saying it feels easier. I think this saying to myself quite often, and it does give me a sense of peace.

Just something I was thinking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment