Monday, November 28, 2011

Testimony.

Can we talk about testimonies for a minute?

A while back (in August), I wrote a small paragraph in the middle of a blog about testimonies. I am proud to say after HOURS of writing, one meeting with my pastor, 3 rewrites, 10 verses and a partridge in a pear tree... it's finally done :)

I'm nervous about actually giving it, though. Like, actually getting up in front of people and telling them all of ins and outs of my life scares the crap out of me... but ever since that day talking to Kevin at camp, and really even before that, I've just felt this pressing need to do this. I've never really felt anything this God-driven in my life before, and I'm excited about it.

I don't think me telling my story is going to really be life altering for anyone, but who knows? When I met with Jason, he said that maybe the reason that I feel so strongly about doing this is because there's someone in the group who needs to hear it. Maybe there's someone who's going through the same things I went through, and they need someone to talk to. And I guess it's possible.

I don't really feel like I'm full of advice, but if I'm meant to help someone, even if it's only one person, I guess it's something I've got to do.

Until next time friends.

Love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for your testimony, just saying. Anddddd I love all of the spiffy new fonts and stuff :]

    ReplyDelete