Sunday, November 27, 2011

A White Line.

I had an interesting conversation with one of my friends today, and it's been on my mind ever since. We were at lunch, and discussing how, when people are new christians, that they sometimes think that there's a white line dividing behavior. Is it God-honoring? Is it not?

When I first accepted Christ, I almost went crazy trying to live a "perfect" life. I used to get SOOO frustrated with myself when I would do something wrong. Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever feel guilty when you do something wrong, or say something wrong, or think something that you shouldn't? When I was new to things, it made me feel like a failure. After a while, I actually started thinking that maybe I wasn't good enough to be part of God's family, because I couldn't seem to do anything right. I think this is something we need to take into account when we bring our loved ones into our church family. When we bring our friends and family into this new life, I think it's our responsibility to make sure that they understand that no one's perfect, and even though we can try our hardest, we never will be. No matter what. It's sort of defeating if you think about it in just that context, but if you ever feel defeated, all you need to remember is that Jesus died for you. The only person in the entire existence of the world who was perfect, the only one, died for you. Did you know that Jesus would've died for the all of the sin on earth, even if it was just for you? Did you know that?

Do you fathom what that means?

It means you're loved. It means that you're God's child. You were chosen, LONG before you ever existed to be part of God's family. You're not perfect, but God loves you anyway.

That's what it means.

Thought of the day. Love you guys.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment