Monday, December 19, 2011

Eternity is at stake.

I was having a conversation with a boy in my class today named Jack. He was being very clingy, so I asked him if everything was okay, and this was his response.

"My heart is breaking Ms. Whitney, and it makes me feel bad. There are lots of kids who don't love Jesus out there. It just breaks my heart."

It was one of the most sincere and sweet moments I've ever had with one of my work kiddos.

It really speaks to the fact that even kids understand that we are called to seek and save the lost. Even someone as young as Jack, who's 4, realizes that there are people who don't share in the happiness of knowing Jesus' love.

It makes me happy to hear that his "heart is breaking", because it's a call on his little heart. Maybe he'll be a missionary one day. Maybe he'll be a pastor or teach Sunday school class. He cares, and that's what's important.

Do you tell people about Jesus? We are given ample opportunity every day to spread the gospel, but how many of us actually take advantage of those God-given moments? I know I don't always.

Your neighbors. Your lab partner. Your best friend. Your cousin. All these people that are permanent fixtures in your life, that you've grown to care about, but do you know if they're going to Heaven? Do you know for sure?

Doesn't that scare you? It surely scares me! It makes me sad! Eternity is a LONG time to spend without all of the people that we love. And eternity is a LONG time for you loved ones to spend somewhere that's not Heaven...

Have you ever thought of it that way? That the people you love, who have decided not accept Jesus, are destined for Hell?

I'm sorry, but if that's not motivation to get out there and spread the gospel, I don't know what is.

Think it over.

Eternity is at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment