Friday, December 16, 2011

Grief Share

My grandma has been going to a class every Thursday night for the past 13 weeks called Grief Share. It's a class on working through your grief when a loved one dies. So, last night was the last session, "family night" and my mom and I decided to go with her. It was an interesting experience. People got up and talked about memories, and they played a video slide show that had everyone's loved ones' pictures in it. It was sad and interesting at the same time.

So, the decision has been made. It's going to be hard and sad, and I'm probably not going to like it at the beginning. But, I was sitting there, listening to all of these people who completed the class, some of them little kids (like 7 or 8 y/o) and they're in a healthier place grieving-wise then I am. So there's got to be something to it right?

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment