Friday, June 22, 2012

Funk

This past weekend was Father's day weekend, and it was a rough one. I woke up Sunday morning, and felt this little grey rain cloud over me. I got ready and went to church. During the closing prayer in bible study, Jason was saying something about praying for those without dads. There are actually quite a few of us that only have one parent left. It's sad. But anyway, he said that, and I lost my marbles. I had to get up and walk out of bible study and go outside.

I HATE crying in front of people. HATE HATE. SO, when I was having my mild mental breakdown, I felt like such a fool. It was embarrassing. You know what I mean? Well, Vanessa, Courtney and Karina came out once the prayer was done, because they understood my mental state. Once I finally pulled myself together enough to be in front of people, we went back into the room, and I was met with an avalanche of "I'll be praying for yous" and "I'm so sorrys", which of course made me want to cry more.

Long story short (too late!), ever since Sunday, I've been in a lousy mood. There are moments where I'm happy, true, but it's like that little grey rain cloud is following me around.

Tonight, the college group is having a bowling night at the Red Rock. I'm going in hopes that my mood with dissipate. I love bowling (I played varsity in high school), and I love my pulse peeps, so here's hoping.

Grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment