Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quiet

I'm sitting here. Resting. Waiting for something to happen. Waiting for questions to be answered. Waiting for...something. The trees are rustling. The grass is wet, and there are kids playing in the distance.

In my patch of grass; my small patch on this little hill, I wait. Wherever two or more are gathered, God is there. I've been told that all of my life. So, here I sit in a field, scattered with sixty college students looking for answers. Answers to life's many questions. Where is my life going? Are my friends good ones to have around? Do I make good choices in my life? Is my relationship with this person godly and how it should be? We are sitting in this vast field, giving our fears to the one who made us; our fears of the future, of our present, and of our pasts.

We were challenged tonight to stop, rest and listen. Free our minds, and hear what God has been trying to tell us. Listen to the advice and answers He's been trying to give us, because frankly, we leave our listening ears at the door on the way out of church.

Am I right?

What did God say to you today?

Grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment