Sunday, June 10, 2012

Seasons

I've been struggling a lot lately, dealing with how differently my life has turned out in comparison to how I'd planned. More specifically, the people in my life. A little over a year ago, I thought I had a pretty perfect life, relationship wise. I loved Jesus, I had a great boyfriend, and I hung around with an amazing group of girls.

Well, I still love Jesus. Matthew and I, though we are still good friends, aren't together any more. And my group of "best friends" turned out to be... Well, not.

So, I guess what I'm struggling with is the idea that sometimes God puts people into your life just for a season. They come in, help you through something in your life, whether minor or major, and then leave as quickly as they came in. Obviously I'm not talking about Matt or Jesus. Haha. But my friends, the ones I thought would be there forever are gone. Completely gone. I don't actually talk to any of them, except for Trace.

I can't lie, this is disheartening for me. It's hard to accept that I invested so fully and so completely in people, and now they aren't around anymore. I'm sure someone out there is reading this saying "well, call them up. Be friend's again." And I wish it was that easy.

I don't harbor any ill will towards anyone any more. I did, for a very long time, but I don't any longer. I miss what we had sometimes, but a year has passed, and I have a pretty great life going on right now :) I have a small group of hilarious friends, who I can't imagine life without :) Our group at church is at this amazing point where no ones really "cliquey" at all, which is nice.

I don't know... I almost didn't post this blog because I thought it might stir up some unwanted drama, and that isn't my intention. It's just something that's been on my mind lately, and since this is my blog... My space to basically think out loud... I thought I'd write about it here.

My life, with God's direction and a little sass, is turning out nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment