Thursday, September 20, 2012

My surgery tomorrow

I've been thinking and thinking about how I was going to tell the world about my latest life adventure. I've decided that my blog would be the best Plac to depress the details and emotions :)For the past month or so, I've been going to the dentist. We have been taking X-rays, and putting together a treatment plan for my mouth full of problems. Tomorrow (Friday) I am beginning these treatment plans and I'm scared. Tonight I have to take a heavy dose of Valium prescribe by my doctor, and in the morning I have to take a different set of pills (triazolam). These pills will apparently leave me conscious, able to walk around, but I've been told it will put me into a "drunken" state. I'm not allowed to drive, or even be alone at my apartment afterwards. The plus side is that I'm supposed to wake up Saturday morning with almost no memory of the procedures. I'm obviously afraid of the actual procedure and the pain to follow, but I'm also really freaked out about A. Not being in control of my faculties and B. waking up and having a chunk of time completely missing from my memory. So, tomorrow starts this whole process, and even as I'm sitting here typing this, I'm having a mild panic attack. I'm scars of SO many things. The pain, the drugs, the inevitable comments and looks I'm going to get from everyone once this is done, and most of all, what I'm going to think of the finished product. I've had screwed up teeth for literally as long as I can remember. I have pictures of myself at like 12-13 with a great smile, but I don't remember what it feels like. I was thinking about this the other day, and I came to the realization that about 95% of the people in my life right now have. Ever seen me with a regular smile. Wish me luck for tomorrow. This is a MAJOR experience in my life. I'd appreciate any texts, messages or comments to help me get through the next few days!!! If I don't respond, it's because I'm still drugged hahaThanks for the prayers peeps

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Whitney, for doing this for yourself! Yes, it will be scary, but it will totally be worth it! I speak from experience. My teeth were really messed up until I had crowns and root canals to repair my "dead" front teeth and braces to help correct my bite. This didn't happen until my late 20's. After my new smile, I was a different person. More confident, happier and more carefree. I wasn't always trying to hide my mouth when talking or laughing. This is huge, Whitney, and I wish you the best of luck! The Medications they are giving you will completely calm you down.I have never heard of them causing memory loss, but they will definitely put you in a relaxed state. Please keep us posted. This is one of the best things you can do for yourself! Did I say I was proud of you, yet?!

    ReplyDelete