Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A new chapter

I'm sure it comes as no great shock when I tell you that the number one New Year's resolution in America is to lose weight. Our country is diet-obsessed, but unfortunately there are so many contradictory opinions on what is and isn't healthy, that people are confused.

I didn't work today, and it left me quite a bit of time to read and to think.

I've decided to make a very radical change in what I'm doing with my life. Last summer I went on a crazy health kick. I gave up basically everything I loved eating and drinking, and in return lost a bunch of weight. That's great. But I've started back to my old ways. I eat out all the time. I don't go to the gym at all. I drink soda in excess amounts, and all of this combined makes me think of one word... Disgusting.

I have never been one of those people who's overly self conscious. I feel like I actually had a better self image that maybe I should have! But here I am at twenty three, and while I'm not the most unhealthy I've ever been, I'm not healthy by any stretch of the imagination.

So, I have set up rules for myself. Simple rules, that if followed, will will bring me into a new healthier lifestyle, and likewise make me drop weight.

I am both nervous and excited for this new adventure. I have prayed about this extensively. I haven't actually talked it over with anyone yet, but I know a few people who are more than qualified to help me, and who I'm sure will gladly lend a hand.

If you're one of these people and want to help with advice, recipes, encouragement, etc, text me or Fb message me.

Thanks in advance friends!!

Grace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. What helped me the most was maintaining a 1,500 calorie diet, not eating after 7PM, and lots of green tea for energy! Cardio on the elliptical is my favorite exercise because it gets your whole body moving, burns alot of calories, and doesn't feel like it takes a whole lot of effort! But I've recently given up the gym, and take my dogs for walks/runs now. Lost 2 lbs so far this way, so we'll see how it goes. But good luck!! And stay motivated! Find something daily that will keep you moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete