Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Marriage Equality

So today, while scrolling through my Facebook and Instagram newsfeeds, I was faced with a very prominent picture. Today has prompted a very big discussion about the allowance of two people of the same gender being able to marry. This is a hot topic anyway, but today, there is a picture of a yellow "equal" sign all over social media sites.

Let's talk about this.

I was a little bit apprehensive to post about this particular topic, because my views are often considered... intolerant. I am not one to judge anyone. I have more than my fair share of mistakes, and I would never infringe on someone else's choices. This being said, I think same-sex marriage should not be legalized. I believe wholeheartedly that God commanded us to love Him and love others, but I also believe He created man to love woman and visa versa. I have quite a few people in my life who have "come out of the closet" as it were, and I love them just as much as anyone else in my life.

But that's my stance.

I believe marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman.

I was taught that homosexuality is a sin.

I also know that I sin in my own ways.

And I was also taught to love the sinner, hate the sin.

That's what I think.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment