Sunday, March 24, 2013

Preschool

Someone the other day called what I do for a living as "glorified babysitting".

Okay.

During an average work week for a preschool teacher, we encounter more than you'll ever believe. I've been thrown up on, bitten, licked and punched. I've wiped noses, changed diapers and performed countless moments of first aid. I GET to think up on-the-spot craft ideas and games. I GET to push kids on the swings, play basketball an play hangman for what feels like hours. I GET to recognize that every single moment is the classroom is teachable. And I GET to remember that to some of the kids in these classrooms, I am the only one planting seeds of faith, because their parents may not be.

So the next time, dear reader, you think of a preschool teacher, think about this...

That kid may be a lawyer.
That kid may be an artist.
That girl may be a mommy.
That boy may be a daddy.
That kid may be President.
That kid may be a preacher.

What we do matters. What we do is an investment. What we do is Christ-driven. And what we do will impact this country 20 years from now.

"Glorified babysitting".

Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment