Sunday, May 19, 2013

There comes a time

There comes a time in everyone's life when it's time to grow up. 

Remember when you were a little kid, and people would ask you what you wanted to be when you grew up? What did you say? I used to say I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to be a teacher who moonlighted as a ballerina. Those were my goals in life.

** Side note, when I was REALLY little, like FOUR, I wanted to "grow up" to be one of the kids on Barney. Yea, I wanted to be that kid.**

Now, my goals have changed. Now, dear reader, I want something else. I want something...ordinary. Does that sound weird? I want an ordinary life. I guess that does sound strange. But I have had SO many things happen in my life (good and bad) that I think it's about dang time for life to settle down. I want the 1950's looking life. I want to get married, maybe have kids. I want to bake treats and be involved at church. And I want... simplicity. I suppose that's another way to say "ordinary" in the way that I mean it. 

Is it wrong? Is there something wrong with the fact that I don't want to be famous, or accomplish these AMAZING things. Is it wrong for me to just want simplicity?

That's what I'm thinking about today.

Until next time, sweet reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment