Sunday, September 8, 2013

Georgia Part 3

Let's talk about pride.

I am a native Nevadan. I know everything there is to know about this wonderful state of mine, right down to the state song. ("Home Means Nevada" for those who've forgotten) I am proud that I paid attention enough during elementary school to remember the random Nevada facts that I know today, BUT even I don't have anything on the people I met in the state of Georgia.

On Saturday night, we watched the Georgia/Clemson college football game, and it was an experience unlike any other! I am typing this post, and still laughing out loud! Every play, every mistake, every touchdown was treated like the biggest moment of the game. I have never heard such hootin' and hollerin' about anything here in Nevada. (Not Ne-vah-duh by the way Georgia peeps!) But seriously, the people I watched that game with were amazing. They knew every player. They were rattling off stats about past seasons like it was nothing, and I just sat there in awe. Honestly, I spent a good chunk of the time laughing, because I had never seen such passion being put into a sporting even, but as the night wore on, I was more and more impressed. You could feel the love for the bulldogs in the room!

The next day, I was taken around town and down to the River Walk by two native Georgians, and was filled in on some Georgia history. War history, the who's who of everyone who's from there, and even the history of the major floods! Ha! It was awesome! How many people in Nevada really know anything like that about Nevada?? I do, but I think I'm the odd gal out in that! Can you, dear reader, tell me when Nevada became a state without googling it? Probably not. (October 31st, 1864 in case you'd like to know!)

The entire weekend was amazing, and I wouldn't have changed anything about it. But what impressed me the most was the sincerity of the love the people who live there have for the state they live in and the team they root for!

Keep checking back! Part 4 should go up tomorrow or Tuesday!

Go dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment