Sunday, October 27, 2013

Vegas

You know... when I was a little kid, I always told people that I'd never leave Vegas. That I would get married, have kids, and live in Las Vegas for my entire life. I LOVED it here. I know where everything is. A large chunk of my family lives here. My childhood was here. I have a pretty deep "hometown pride" thing going... That being said, we went on lots of roadtrips when I was a kid as well. Pismo Beach, Colorado, Seattle... Lots of fun places, that exposed me to different people and ways of life. That's when I opened my mind to maybe living somehwere else some day.

You, my dear reader, know that I semi-recently went on a vacation to the great state of Georgia to visit a good friend of mine, and my world changed. It's funny... the people who live there, some of whom I'm now friends with, have no idea how enchanting their state is. I can't explain how I felt there without sounding like a complete psychopath except to say that... I felt at home.

So, sweet reader, does this mean I'm moving to Georgia tomorrow? No. Obviously not. But would I rather be there than here right now? 

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment