Friday, January 31, 2014

Always

Do you ever listen to lyrics of songs?

I'm in this ever-present argument with my friend Nick about a song we do at church called "Always" by Kristian Stanfield. It's all about how God is ever-present and will "always" be there for you. It's a great song, and for what I've been through in my life, very easy to relate to. The lyrics are beautiful, and it's just a nice reminder to have on a day that may not have been that great. He thinks that we play it too often, but every single time we play it, someone comes up to me and says something like "that's just the song I needed tonight" or whatever else. So, despite the moaning and groaning of my friend, we will continue to play it.

This week was a tough one.

We had a funeral for a 6 week old baby.
We got some news that basically broke everyone's hearts.
I got rear ended by a drunk driver.
I started writing my testimony for one of the biggest emotional projects I've ever done.

I am excited for my life. There are lots of exciting things in the works, but it's scary! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not one for change. I realize change is necessary, and most of the time, it turns out okay. But I'll be honest here and say that I am not a fan most time. I enjoy my little box that I live in. But as a wise man once told me...

God is a God of comfort, not of comfort zones.

He will be there for me always, even when things get tough or scary.

Bring it on world.

No comments:

Post a Comment