Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Breakfast Club

I'm sitting here watching the 80's cult classic "The Breakfast Club", and analyzing my life.

Every time I watching movies, I compare it to myself and my life and my story.

This movie is one of the most well known movies of all time. Five high school kids get locked up in a Saturday detention, and get to know each other and themselves over the course of a nine hour time lapsed day. They're given an assignment to write an essay about who they think they are. 

Have you ever thought about that question? 

Who are you?

What defines you?

What or who made you who you are?

Are you a "good person"? 

How does the world see you?

Do you base you actions on what others will think of you?

Are there certain people in your life who's opinions of you matter more than others?

Why? Why do people's opinions of you matter? Should they? Should they not? I feel like this is something I stress about constantly. 

I know that the right thing is that people's opinions should matter but not dictate our actions.

That's what I think.

People are always going to judge what you do and what you say. Always. But they're opinions shouldn't be what dictates your life. But somehow, it does. 

Just something to think about.

I don't know why eighties movies are so thought provoking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment