Monday, January 13, 2014

Important People. Part One.

So, for the next five days, I'm doing a mini-series about my friends.

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I don't trust people easily. Everyone has their issues from their past, mine just happen to leave me a little afraid of putting myself out there. The next five days' worth of reading will be filled the "how we mets", inside jokes and random stories of the five people that make me the happiest.

Tonight's post is about Clinton.

Let's start by saying that when I met Clint, I hated him! Ha! I know that sounds rude, but let me explain. I walked up to the bible study on a Sunday morning, and see Jason (our pastor) talking to these two random guys. One was Michael Stoica, and one was Mr. Clinton Christopher Jones. Jason had to leave, so he left me in charge of getting these new guys all settled in with the folks at Shadow Hills. Michael was super quiet. But the other of the pair had a southern accent and was loud, cocky and looking back on it now... obnoxious. Haha!

Little did I know that this outgoing man standing before me would turn out to be one of my two best friends. I honestly thought that day that I would introduce him to a couple of the guys, and I probably would never have to talk to him again.

Then I started actually listening to what he had to say. He knew about football and hockey. I don't know what it is... maybe it's the friends I've chosen in the past, but no one I would hang out with knew about the sports I liked. Growing up with the dad I did, and the friends we had, knowing about sports as a whole was a must. Clint knew about them. He appreciated Elvis and knew about the good older movies that I liked. 

I decided after hanging out with him a time or two more, that we'd be friends. He started to tell stories of Georgia and all of his friends and family there. I learned more and more about Mr. and Mrs. Jones, Courtney and Matt and Evan and A-Con and so many others... Looking back, when I went there this past September, I felt like I already knew them! Ha!

I know what you're thinking... Whitney, when was the moment that ya'll became best friends?

Well, I don't think it was one set moment. Between 3 am phone calls, inside jokes, swapping well-meaning insults, and an unforgettable night playing Qwelf... I don't know... we just became best friends.

I know it's easy to call someone your best friend, but I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can tell him anything, and he won't judge me. He may make fun of me for a few mintues! Haha! But in the end, he'll offer some insight, and compare whatever stupid thing I've done to something even crazier that he's done.

In the end, I'm glad God brought Clinton Christopher Jones into my life. He may drive me crazy, and I may want to kill him half the time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment