Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Footloose and Fancy Free

Today I read a blog post on a friend's blog entitled "Singleness Is Not A Disease", all about how people who are single into their late twenties and early thirties are obsessed with getting married. I'll admit, people are constantly asking me when I'm getting married. It's a constant topic of conversations, and it got me thinking. 

When I was thirteen, I had my life all planned out. I was going to be married by 22 and start having kids by 26.

Looking back on this, I had no idea what I was planning. Ha! I love my life! I have friends a family that I love! A job I look forward to every day, and a church that's amazing! 

One day, I'll get married. I know that. But I also know that I don't need to obsess about it. 

God has put me where I am for a reason. The people that are in my life, are IN it for a reason. 

And at the end of the day, I have peace of mind, good friends, and Jesus.

I'm good.

These were my thoughts today. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment