Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Growth

Tonight I realized something about myself that apparently I didn't know. As you know, dear reader, I love to give people things. Whether it's something small like a drink from Starbucks or filling up their gas tank. It doesn't matter. I love to do it. 

That being said, tonight I realized that I don't like when others do the same for me! Today I brought a friend of mine some fancy starbucks thing to celebrate his first day at our job. To return the favor, he got me a drink at our church's HeBrews coffee shop on campus. 

It made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable!! The worst part is, I don't know why! Honestly, it was a dollar soda, not a big deal at all... And yet it stressed me out to the point where I'm at home, hours later, and I'm still thinking about it. 

I KNOW that being a blessing in people's lives is something God has blessed me to do. So, I suppose when someone is trying to bless MY life, I should let them and just be thankful. 

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment