Friday, January 10, 2014

Forgive and forget?

Well,  Powder Palooza is drawing to a close, and instead of devoting another post to how lousy I feel, let's talk about something else.

Can I just say that I LOVE doing this blog-a-day thing?! It's sometimes stressful. As you can see, I sometimes end up posting at 11:40 at night, barely in the knick of time! But overall, a great experience thus far.

Last night's Powder Palooza lesson was on forgiveness. Anthony had us write down on a card who in our lives that we need to forgive, and those in our lives that we need to go to and ask forgiveness from.

This was an interesting lesson for me, because I, Whitney Elizabeth, am a grudgeholder. If someone says something that bothers me, even in the slightest, I will never forget it. And every time I see that person thereafter, I think of it. Every single time. 

The worst part is... I KNOW that holding on to things like that isn't healthy. I KNOW that we are called to forgive. And I KNOW that I tend to sabotage relationships with people simply because I can't let myself let things go.

This is something I am constantly working on. 

It's something that I definitely recognize in myself.

But it's a process. Pure and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment