Saturday, January 25, 2014

When do parents become friends?

Today something interesting happened. 

I am 24 years old. I will be 25 in early March, and I can't believe it. I remember my 10th birthday like it was yesterday, but somehow...somehow the years have just flown by. It's been a whirlwind of adventures, jokes, stories, memories and more. Do you remember being a kid? Your parents telling you to go do something (or to stop doing something) and you'd either listen or you wouldn't. The situation would play out, and every lived happily ever after??

Well, at some point, something changes. There's some invisible line; some unknown point where you cross from "kid" into "adult" in your parents eyes. It's a strange moment... surreal almost. But today was my day. My mom and I went to lunch, and instead of talking to each other as mother and daughter, something was different. We talked about real problems and real answers. 

It was strange and awesome at the same time.

Welcome to adulthood Whitney Elizabeth.

Welcome to adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment