Wednesday, February 12, 2014

10 Authors that Inspire Me.

Tonight's blog is one that I've been excited about writing for a while now.

I'm mildly addicted to Buzzfeed. If someone posts a Top 10 list, no mstter what it's about, I generally read it. SO, for the next ten days, I will be writing "Top 10" lists.

Tonight's adventure?

Top 10 authors that inspire me.

JD Salinger. My favorite book in the entire world is Catcher in the Rye. It's one of the first classics I ever read, and I've loved it ever since. Holden's life adventure is unbelievably relatable. Bah! Love it!

Paul. Home boy wrote basically the whole New Testament. Can it get any better?

William Shakespeare. Remember those weeks in high school where all you did in your 6th period english class was read play after play written by Billy Shakespeare? I remember , and I loved every minute of it. Call it a touch of nerdiness, but It's just awesome.

Kyra Davis. She writed on of my favorite "chick lit" series, and when I'm having a long day, or if I've been reading a lot of heavy material, it's nice to pick up something light and funny.

J.R.R. Tolkien.Lord of the Rings. The end. Ha!

Edgar Allan Poe. With this one, I don't like everything he's written. I just have a love for his way with words. His description through his writing painted SUCH an interesting picture! The unnamed narrator in my favorite of his stories "The Tell-Tale Heart", does such an great job convincing the reader of his sanity, while clearly describing a murder he committed. Creepy yet awesome.

Lois Lowry. Lois is on my list, simply because of the book The Giver. This is my other favorite book. I've probably read it over 50 times with no exaggeration. If you haven't read it, do.

R.L.Stien. Anyone remember this guy? He wrote the "Goosebumps" series that most of us read as kids! He started my love for all things horror. I love scary movies, books and everything in between, simply becaue these stories piqued my interest.

F. Scott Fitzgerald. Great Gatsby. Need I say more?

And last but not least, Dr. Seuss.

In an age where everything is on a screen and people tend to get disconnected from the world around them, people are genuinely forgetting about books.

Read good books.

No comments:

Post a Comment