Monday, February 10, 2014

A few fleeting seconds.

That moment. 

When you first wake up in the morning, you open your eyes and breathe. Your turn off your alarm, and for a split second everything in the world is perfect. No problems exist yet. No issues have risen up and changed the dynamics of your day to day routine. 

I was having a conversation today with someone, talking about our dads. This friend of mine asked me if it ever gets easier, and I responded with a confident "no". 

But that moment... That fleeting few seconds when you first wake up to a new day... You really do forget your problems. 

There are a few of those fleeting seconds every morning when I forget. I forget that my person is gone. My person that I could say anything to and bounce ideas off of is gone. Yes, he's with Jesus and that's super. But that doesn't help the pain. It doesn't help that shortly after those perfect few seconds, reality hits and I remember. I remember that he's gone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment