Sunday, February 9, 2014

What makes you happy?

Tonight I was texting a friend of mine, and we were having a conversation about what makes us happy.

Have you thougt about that lately? 

It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day struggles of life. Work. Family. Money. Everything in the world tends to preoccupy our thoughts, even when those same aspects of life are making your life miserable.

But what makes you happy? What, at the end of a long, tiring day, makes you smile?

I love thinking about this. I will admit, sometimes I tend to look on the pecimistic side of things, but this is one of the blogs I've been waiting to write!

Let's talk about some of the things that make me happy...

Christmas lights. Is there anything more joyous? In my opinion, nope. An instant smile crawls across my face every time I see those tiny bulbs snap to life every season. And to be perfectly honest... It is February something, and I still have my Christmas tree up in my room. Don't judge me.

Glee. Please don't judge my love of this show. I have watched this series since it's beginning, and I have loved every minute of it. Everyone has that one special show that they have unhealthily emotionally invested in. Glee is mine. The characters. The story lines. The songs. I don't even care that everyone else in my life thinks Glee is the lamest thing in the world. I still love it. #gleek

Traveling. I get SO excited and SO nervous every time I travel. Whether it's up the St. George to Cracker Barrell or to Glorieta for camp or to Mexico to rebuild a church or to Georgia to meet a whole group of people I've ever only heard about. I love the adventure, but I am terrified of the unknown. It's confusing, I know. But trust me... It's basically the best thing ever.

Writing this blog. When I started this life story on a web page, I had no idea what I wanted to do with it. I've always enjoyed writing. I've been told that I have a certain knack for it, but I've never really had the desire to make it a full time thing. Now that I am a month and a half into this Blog 365 thing, I have never been happier. I am becoming a better writer every day. I am now read in countries I haven't even heard of, and I feel like I am enjoying the chance to get my thoughts out into the world.

Those are a few of the things that make me happy.

What makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment