Monday, February 3, 2014

Commitment issues???

If you've read my blog for any extended period of time, you'll know that when I drive home at night, I tend to talk out loud... Not a prayer exactly. Just a chat with Jesus I guess. 

So during tonight's chat, I had a revelation. 

I was thinking about relationships. Not romantic relationships, thought they might be part of this too, but I'm thinking about friendships mostly. 

I have always been a social person. I don't really have a tough time talking to new people or anything like that, but I have a hard time cultivating friendships. I don't know why this is, but I know it's unfortunately true. When a friendship gets too personal or too stressful, or even just too... Deep, I'm out. I bail. 

It sounds dramatic, but it's true! 

I don't really have friends from my childhood left anymore. I am "friends" with them on Facebook... But I'm not actually FRIENDS with them. I don't talk to them very often, if ever. I don't see them on any kind of regular basis.

Now, I do have a few good friends in my life right now, that I know will be around for a good long time.

Hm...

I don't really know where I was going with this blog post tonight. Just something I've noticed about myself. I don't keep friends really well. Apparently it's some kind of commitment issues. Ha.

I don't really know how to end this post except to say that this is something I plan on working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment