Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Top 10 songs that made me who I am today!

Tonight's post is another exciting top ten list :)

Tonight's post is all about the music. Tonight's post is the Top ten songs that made me who I am today. I am really excited about this one! Enjoy the videos below! :)

One. I will always love you by Whitney Houston. This one is fairly obvious. It is the song that inspired my name  and is sung by my namesake. This song is a beautiful respresentation of a lot of my friendships/relationships. It's basically saying that the memories will live on, and some element of love will always be there, but it's time to let go. Definitely moving. Definitely powerful. It's a classic that I'd confidently say that a lot of people know.



Two. Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus. Now this one, dear reader, is the most annoying song on the planet. But let me tell you, I have listened to it HUNDREDS of times over the course of my lifetime. This song is what started my love of country music, and as cheesy as it is, when that songs starts to play, it's almost impossible not to smile. Am I wrong? 


Three. We Are the Champions sung by the one and only Freddy Mercury. This song is the one and only song that reminds me of ALL of my years of softball. We would win tournament after tournament and my dad would always play this stupid song. Ha! It's another one that puts a smile on my face every single time I hear it.


Four. I Dreamed A Dream from the iconic broadway musical Les Miserables. This song is all about how you can think your life is one way. You can think your life is settled. And then life happens, everything changes. It's about the dream that there's a better life out there for yourself, even in the midst of terrible times. It's inspiring, and beautifully sung. The video below is the version from the Anne Hathaway motion picture version of Les Mis.


Five. Jesus Lead On. This one has been redone by a few different people, but my favorite version is the one that Saddleback Church did many moons ago. This song is the epitomy of my faith. It IS my "come to Jesus moment" as it were. I remember sitting in Room 100 at Canyon Ridge, and hearing this song. It was the first time a song, any song really, had impacted my life in any way. That was the night I truly understand what Jesus had done in my life, and ever since, it's been a favorite of mine.

This is the Saddleback version.


Six. Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. I just love this song. This was the wong that taught me all about harmonies, and made me really start thinking about the technical side of singing. It's not just words put to music. There's more to it, and this song showed me that. :)


Seven. Count Your Blessings by The Martins. I can't really explain why I love this accapela classic, but you should take a listen and see for yourself!! Such a great song!!


Eight. Always by Kristian Stanfield. I have written a blog post entirely devoted to this song before, but it's just amazing. It's an awesome reminder of God "always" being there for us, no matter what life's sassy side throws at ya!



Nine. Oh Holy Night. Really, any version of this song is my favorite. It's lyrically one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Here is one of my favorite versions.


Ten. Amazing Grace. This song literally encompasses a sinner's journey into salvation. It's perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment