Friday, March 21, 2014

A mix of emotions about tomorrow...

I'm writing tonight's post a little earlier in the evening than I normally do.

Tomorrow I leave on vacation to the great state of Georgia, and I am a mix of emotions! Is that weird?

I am excited to go! I am getting to visit with people I haven't seen in a long time, and I get to continue my "southern education". I'm sure I'll meet some new people and see some new things, and that's exciting.

But for some reason, I can't shake these feelings of nervousness and sadness.

I can't really explain it, but I'm going to try.

I drove off of the preschool's campus tonight with a heaviness in my heart. I am genuinely going to miss my preschoolers while I'm away! Does that sound weird? It's hard not to get attached to people that you see day in and day out. It's hard to go over 10 days without seeing them. It's hard to go more than 10 days, being out of my life routine.

I am also nervous. This one I can't really explain, except to say that a lot of things are going to be happening over the next few weeks, and they all start tomorrow. My life has never exactly been dull, but the next month or two is going to be especially interesting. It's all starting when my feet hit the soil in Georgia.

I don't know if these feelings are normal. I definitely didn't expect to have them.

But I know that when I get off of that plane tomorrow and see the beautiful Georgian scenery, that it will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment