Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Southern Adventure Day 4.

Tonight's post will be short but sweet. 

Today I got to see my sweetest friend, Kitty Kidd. We had lunch with her sweet 17 month old little tiger Miles, and I loved every minute of it. We talked about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. I have missed her presence in my every day life immensely, and it was an exciting adventure getting to visit her in the great state of Georgia. We had lunch at an Irish place in a town called Senoia in which a large chunk of the TV series "The Walking Dead" was filmed, along with a movie that is easily in my top 5 faves, "Fried Green Tomatoes". 

I have missed this lady, and when I walked away from her perfectly southern home to head back to Augusta, I was quite sad. Short of moving here, I won't see her nearly as often as I used to and no where near as much as I'd like. It's quite the dilemma. 

Post-lunch adventures included driving in Atlanta traffic, which EASILY rivals LA traffic. I will admit I had to exercise some extra grace and patience today. Thank goodness for this awesome country station I was told about!

"The group" went to dinner again tonight and then over to Courtney's where we watched "Rio" and I was introduced to the world of animal heads, stuffed of course, and used as decoration. It was quite the experience, I will say. 

The night ended with some minor star gazing and it's off to sleep I go. 

Tomorrow we are off to the Vanderbilt estate (called the "Biltmore"). It's in Morth Carolina, so we have to get up early! 

Later days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment