Thursday, April 10, 2014

I won't pray for that

Today someone asked me to pray for healing for someone they know. Is it rude that I responded with "I'll pray for God's will in the situation"?? 

On a daily basis, people ask me to pray for them in some way. A family member is sick. They're having troubles at work. Whatever the case may be. It happens every day. 

But I can't bring my self to pray for healing or safety or anything like that. Is it selfish to pray for the outcome you want I a situation when maybe that's not the ultimate plan? Is it wrong to pray for healing when maybe it's someone's special time to go hang with Jesus? Is it questioning God to ask for counsel from others before you ask advice from the One who created you? Is it proactive to moan and groan about being single? 

I won't pray that you're healed, but I'll pray for His will to be done. I won't pray for you to get the dream job, but I will pray for your patience and your peace! I won't pray for you to find the love of your life tomorrow, but I will pray that you find happiness in your life, as is, and that when you're ready, if that's the plan, that you find someone amazing. 

If you ask me, I will always pray for you,though it may not be the way you'd expected. 

God will work out everything the way it supposed to be. Everything happens for a reason. Even the bad things! Embrace it. Learn from it. 

Everything will be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment