Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's time to learn about myself...

Do you ever question where your life is heading? 

I'm in a weird place in my life, and today I had a conversation with someone that, I think, is going to help me get through it.

I quit my job. I had been working at Shadow Hills for a long time, and I loved almost every minute of it. My technical work hours were 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, but because of the amount of things I was needing to get done every week, I'd come in at like 8:30 in the morning and stay until 7:00 or later at night. I'd also spend a great deal of time there on Saturdays and Sundays. It was a lot of work, but the way I viewed it, it was for the betterment of the Preschool, and it was my part in furthering the kingdom. I couldn't have loved my job any more! Well, sweet reader, I'm sure you're sitting there wondering where the problem was? 

Well, I was burned out. I spent more than the majority of my waking hours on that campus, and it got to the point where I would skip Sunday church and Tuesday night bible studies because I just COULD NOT spend any more time on the grounds of Shadow Hills. It was insane.

So, I put in my notice, and I quit.

I was offered a job at a K-12 Charter School, Quest Prep Academy. It's an amazing position with someone of the greatest staff members and kids I've ever worked with. It's definitely been a change... We had some high schoolers on campus this week taking their proficiency exams, and it was interesting being around "big kids". I've been with nothing but small children for YEARS. It's a whole new world, but I am loving every minute of it.

SO, the point of this whole story is to tell you, my dear reader, is to tell you why my life is in this weird place. Like I said, I used to stay at the Preschool until all hours. I had almost NO social life, and I got settled into that life. I had gotten used to it. Well, now I get off at 3 every day, and I have a lot of free time. I mean, a LOT. I know you're asking yourself... What's the issue? 

The issue, devoted reader, is that I don't know what to DO with the free time. I was talking to someone today, and I was told to get a hobby. Find something to fill this free time. Well, dear reader, I don't have hobbies. I don't collect anything. I don't really know WHAT I like to do...

I honestly think that I'm stressed about this "new life" I've begun because I don't really know myself. My life has only ever been valuable (in my eyes) when I was serving other people. I have always been the type to make sure everyone else was happy, and I found my own version of happiness IN that service.

I think I have a little mess on my hands here.

I now have the time. I think it's time to learn about myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Tea :) your hobbies can also be your talents, and you are very talented! One of your many talents is... drum roll please... singing!! Do something cool with that :) and I will be praying for your situation. Much love and praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't really have any opportunities to sing right now. I'm not leading worship in the college group (because I'm getting a little too old to be there). And not really leading anywhere else.

      Short of going out and singing at a karaoke place, I don't have anywhere to sing.

      Delete