Monday, July 25, 2011

Current predicament.

Good evening folks.

I'm laying here in bed, unable to sleep, mind racing with thoughts, and I feel like a fool. I have always been one of those people who could bottle up their emotions, and no one ever really knew how they felt. I did that for a number of reasons, though my main reason was so that I wouldn't burden others with my troubles and my hurt feelings. I've learned over the last year and a half or so of my life that that's an incorrect way to be. The people around you, friends, are the ones who will be there for you, help you through the hardest times, and will stay up late with you when you're sad. I've learned that I have lots of people in my life I can count on. I have lots of people I can turn too. But for whatever reason, the LAST person on my mind when I'm sad is God. And I feel even worse because of that. I KNOW where to turn. I know who will ALWAYS be there for me, no matter what. So why is it so hard to act on this knowledge?

Dang.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's Jenny Cooper. So, reading this post, and some of your older posts makes me feel as if I'm reading a page from my own book. I have the above predicament every now, and it's frustrating. So frustrating to know that even though you know something SO MUCH, and don't act on it...that hurts. But! The amazing thing is that we can choose, we can change. That is one of the things I am most grateful for in this life. Thanks for sharing this - it's nice knowing I'm not the only one.
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete