Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New start.

I reread my post from last night, and I almost didn't recognize myself.

I have this life verse. It's 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. It says "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you who belong in Christ Jesus."

When my dad died, that verse was my lifeline. It got me through the hundreds of hours in the hospital rooms. It got me through signing paper after paper telling doctors that they could perform procedures, when 90 percent of the time, I had NO idea why the procedures were needed. It got me through his final few days, and through his funeral. It got me through the next few days, and the hardest Christmas of my life. It was there for me through all of that, and now, it's like I've forgotten it.

I'm going through this rough patch in my life. I moved out of my mom's house recently. My best friend is thousands of miles away. I can't seem to get this job situation stabilized. And I can't seem to get a grip. Lol.

So, anywho. I was laying in bed last night, thinking this all over, and I feel ashamed of myself. How could I just forget this verse and the meaning behind it? How could I forget that I'm surrounded by people who want nothing but good things for me? I thought about all of these things last night, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't believe I could be so passive with something like that.

It's time for a new start, and a rejuvenated relationship with God. He will be my strength,. He is who I will lean on when I'm sad. He's who I will lean on when I'm scared, and when I feel alone.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment