Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fake.

Last year, camp was the best, and worst week of my life. I got to hear some AMAZING worship. I got to meet my AWESOME community group members. And I got to bond with my church family. All Positives.

Then we sat in that circle. Then we sat in that giant circle and admitted to everything we didn't want to admit too in front of eighty something other people. My problem?

I'm fake.

If you were with us at Glorieta last year, maybe you'll remember the following story, but I'm posting it on here just for funsies.

It was Wednesday of the week we were at camp, and my turn had already past in the circle event. I had said my peace about my comfort zone, and I had NO plans to get up an share any more of my personal issues. But I had this feeling. ALMOST a voice telling me to get up and share again. Share something else. Earlier that day I had a conversation with someone, and admitted that I'd been sick the ENTIRE week at camp, and I was faking being "good" or "okay" because I didn't want to worry anyone else. I try my very hardest not to put my burdens on other people. Lol. That person told me that I was being fake. They told me that this was my church family, and that most of them, when they asked "how are you feeling?" wanted a genuine answer. I, of course, came right back and told this person that NO ONE wanted to hear that I had SEVERE altitude sickness, and was absolutely miserable. NO ONE. Lol. But I digress. Lol. So here we are, sitting in the giant circle. Damian told us that if at any point we feel led to get up and say something, we can. So here comes that little feeling... that little voice... telling me to get up and fess up. So I stood up. I had no idea what I was going to say. I had no idea what I was doing, and to be honest, I would've given anything to sit back in my seat. Lol. I told everyone the story of the conversation I had earlier in the day, and all of a sudden I found myself apologizing for being fake. Apologizing for not being truthful with my family. I prayed that night when I got into bed that night that I would wake up with a sense of peace about that entire situation. WELL, let me just tell you, I woke up even better than that. I woke up COMPLETELY fine. I didn't throw up even ONCE that day! ha! It was a flippin miracle! I knew it was God :) He was proud of me for following His direction, and the last day of camp was beyond amazing :) It was such a treat!

So, I know I'll probably get SOME altitude sickness again this year... my body just doesn't do heights like that. Lol. But, now I have some hope that it'll be eased :)

1 comment: