Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sass.

The title of my blog today makes me smile. :) My friend Kate, who I am currently sitting by, this I full of sass. I make some fairly sassy comments sometimes, and there are moments when it's just HILARIOUS... or at least I think so. Lol.

In other news, I am down 8lbs since the fourth of July :) HEY! Lol. It's fairly exciting news. Obviously not a tremendous amount of weight loss in 3 weeks, but it makes me happy anyway. Lol.

I'm STOKED for camp! The weird food. The community groups. (Though I'm sad none of my buddies from last year will be there!) The worship. The messages. The classes aka tracks. I'm so excited :) Last year, I was fighting and complaining LITERALLY the ENTIRE drive up there, and it ended up being the best experience of my life. Lol.

So, I wasn't going to put this on my blog, because I'm probably not going to get the response that I want to hear from putting it on here, but here goes...

I was sitting in my classroom at work last week, and something really strange happened. I got this weird feeling. Now, let me preface this by saying that I've never had a "God moment" where I felt his presence the way I did that day. I don't really understand what it was, but I just got this unavoidable urge to write. So, I pulled out a spiral notebook, because I ALWAYS have one. Lol. And I wrote. I don't really remember writing, which is strange to me. But I finished two hours later when my little ones at work woke up from their naps. I reread what I wrote, and it seemed to be a lesson. Now, let me just say that I have NEVER EVER EVER thought of getting up on a Tuesday night or a Sunday morning, and telling people about the bible. It's never been one of my goals. I've never even thought about it, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want to do it. The thought scares me. Lol. After rereading these pages of thoughts and notes and verses, I titled the lesson, "Faith Through Hard Times", and put the spiral notebook on my dresser, and I haven't touched it since then. I emailed a friend about it, and I was told that I have to teach it. I was told that it wasn't given to me just for kicks or for giggles. It was given to me because God wanted me, specifically to have it. So here I am, at this crossroads of "I was given this lesson in a spiritual moment" and "I would be terrified to get up in front of everyone, and I just flat out don't want to tell people about this". So, no plans yet.

So those three things are what my mind is focused on at the moment. Haha. Weight loss. Camp. Mystery Lesson.

Ha. My life's a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment