Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Important People. Part Three.

Tonight's post is about my favorite small group leader.

The "How We Met" : I used to attend a church called Canyon Ridge Christian Church. I volunteered on Saturday nights in the 2 year old room, taking care of kids while their parents attended service. One week, we had a new kid, Andrew, who was extremely nervous about staying. So, his older brother, Timothy, decided to stay with him. After talking to him, I found out that they'd just moved to Nevada from California.  A few moons later, his mom, Kathy, decided to start and host a high school - aged small group at their house. Therein, I met Kathy.

We met every Monday night for what seemed like ever. We read out of the Bible. We watched DVDs with mini-lessons from famous Christian speakers. We had game nights and swimming nights. We had coed groups where we'd cover everything from furthering our relationship with Christ to furthering the Kingdom by telling our friends about the gospel. We had all-girl time, where we covered issues relating to high school girl-life. Boys, dating, bodies, sex and everything and anything else you can think of.

We talked. She listened. Completely impartial, and ready to impart her years of wisdom and experience. There were many nights where we probably overstayed our welcome because we just didn't want to leave.

I am so thankful to have had all the experiences I had in that house with Kathy.

I wouldn't be the woman I am today if you hadn't been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment