Monday, March 31, 2014

Apparently I look like some kind of terrorist...

I just had the event of a lifetime at the Atlanta Airport's security check point. 

To set the scene, I am wearing jean capris, grey tank top and a maroon shirt. I intentionally dress simply when flying to avoid any hassle at the security counter. 

Today I was not so lucky 

Apparently, today I look like some sort of international terrorist. 

They pulled me out of line, brought the bucket with my stuff and moved me over to a private area. There were three TSA agents, and they patted me down literally from head to toe. They decided that wasn't good enough. 

Then they took me into a little room, far from the prying eyes of the hundred or so people watching the security spectacle. 

They then proceeded to pat me down again and take everything out of my carry on bag. They then released me to my gate with no further explanation. 

The contents of my carry on were as follows:

My iPad (which is removed like a laptop)
Two chargers (phone and iPad) 
Small light sweatshirt type jacket. 
My wallet
My boarding pass
People magazine

No liquids. No Chapstick. Not even gum. 

I don't understand, and that was embarrassing  


No comments:

Post a Comment